Last updated July 20, 2018
Agreement to terms
The information provided on the site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Intellectual property rights
Provided that you are eligible to use the site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the site, the content and the marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the site (or any portion thereof).
You may not access or use the site for any purpose other than that for which we make the site available. The site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the site, you agree not to:
1. Systematically retrieve data or other content from the site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
2. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the site and/or the content contained therein.
3. Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the site.
4. Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the site or the networks or services connected to the site.
5. Use any information obtained from the site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
6. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the site.
User generated contributions
The site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the site and through third-party websites. As such, any contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
1. The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
4. Your contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
5. Your contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
6. Your contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. Your contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. Your contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
9. Your contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. Your contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. Your contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
12. Your contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
13. Your contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By posting your contributions to any part of the site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your contributions provided by you in any area on the site. You are solely responsible for your contributions to the site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any contributions; (2) to re-categorize any contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the site; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your contributions.
Guidelines for reviews
We may provide you areas on the site to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria: (1) you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed; (2) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language; (3) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability; (4) your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity; (5) you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews; (6) you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct; (7) you may not post any false or misleading statements; and (8) you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners. We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
Apple and Android devices
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the site (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your submissions.